Author Topic: New Server Online  (Read 4866 times)

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
New Server Online
« on: December 02, 2007, 12:42:06 pm »
You ever have one of THOSE weekends?  Well, this has been one for me.  A couple of weeks ago I started getting some clues that my primary server - you know, the one that hosts email, web, this forum, other database stuff, programming, and business stuff - was getting tired.  This server has been online for all of the past 7 years with only a couple of hours of down time as it's been moved from one location to another, so the failure is not completely unexpected.

By the good graces of The Almighty I had a new server on order, which arrived a few days ago.  I had hoped I could put this new server in gradually over the next couple of weeks but when I checked in on Saturday, I noticed the old server had crashed... HARD.  As a result, email, web, and such was offline from Friday about 10pm until Saturday at around noon when I finally got the old server back up (though significantly limping) so if you tried sending me anything in that window, please do re-send, and I ask that you accept my apologies for the bounces.

Anyway, the new server is now online and I suspect nobody would even notice if I didn't post this.  This server is quite a bit faster than the old server, with a much better configuration (can you believe how much technology has improved in 7 years? :D) but with a limited pipe to the outside world most people probably wouldn't even notice.

Yet... I post this so that if you do happen to encounter anything weird with this new server, please do drop me an email and let me know.  I've checked everything out pretty well but despite the technology advances of the past few years, it still comes down to making it work for people like you and me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 12:47:19 pm by precisonline »
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.