Author Topic: Changing Jobs  (Read 5698 times)

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
Changing Jobs
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »
What strategy would you recommend for a company to use in finding talented SB+/U2 talent?

I have a customer who's been searching for someone who can handle the day-to-day support needs of a growing organization, which means that there's often a lot of multitasking and the need to turn-and-burn through projects with as minimal of an effort as possible.  While many of the applicants to date have good skill sets, the company hasn't found that person with the magic combination of abilities and attitude that they desire.  And in this market, the number of resumes so far has been dismally small.

Recruiters are largely out of the question because the talent this company has gotten though recruiters has been little more than extra expensive with no commensurate increase in quality of the candidates.

So how would you recommend this company find the person they need?
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.

Tom Pellitieri

• Rock Star
  • Tom Pellitieri - Toledo, Ohio
Re: Changing Jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 02:22:27 PM »
Have them post the position here?? :)

--Tom Pellitieri
  Toledo, Ohio

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
Re: Changing Jobs
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 02:47:45 PM »
Well, I am accepting resumes from people who are interested, so if anyone has any interest they should let me know and I can give more information about the position and company.

I get these kinds of requests a few times a year, it would be really cool if I had a list of people wanting new opportunities to help match with these companies.
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.