Author Topic: About me  (Read 108 times)

Craig Vining

• Roberts Supply
About me
« on: June 09, 2017, 01:19:25 pm »
First post in this topic in 7 years!

PERSONAL: Name is Craig.  Born and raised in Central Florida.  Got my undergrad in Accounting at University of Central Florida (UCF) in 2010 then my masters in Accounting from UCF in 2014.  I don't know why, but I then decided to get my CPA license.  After almost 2 years of studying, I finally got my license in 2016.  The weird part is that I wasn't even sure what I wanted to do when I started my Undergrad.  I have been married just over 1 year and have a little girl due in August!  I grew up playing hockey. Enjoy building and fixing things for my house.

BUSINESS:  In 2003, I started working part time in the parts department for Roberts Supply (RSI) while I was in high school.  My father has worked for RSI basically his whole life. In 2012 I took over all of the accounting in the company.  RSI is a wholesale distributor for the state of Florida for Exmark Mowers, Honda Engines and Power Equipment, and a few more smaller products.

PRELUDE: I first learned the RF portion of Prelude from when I worked in the warehouse at Roberts Supply.  When I first took over Accounting in 2012, I believe RSI was one of three company's using Prelude that was not using the General Ledger features.  Our GL was hand written!  This immediately changed.  I believe we contracted Kim Ellison to clear everything up in our GL and help get everything set up and ready to implement.  My father, who handles all of the computer/technical things at the company began teaching me about UniData, SB+, and Prelude.  I attended a few of the annual Insights meetings from Epicor. 

PRECISION SOLUTIONS: I believe the story on how we met Kevin is that my father was always using Prelude to handle mods and changes, while trying to learn and do little things on his own.  He would always see Kevin posting on the online forums and giving help to anyone who needed it.  He asked Kevin if he knew how to implement UPS WorldShip to Prelude because Prelude said they couldn't do it (or it would cost an arm and a leg).  Kevin said hell yes I can, that is easy.  Kevin basically taught me HTML, CSS, BASIC, the SB+ Toolbox, and everything else about Prelude.  I learn more everyday!

-Craig

Tom Pellitieri

• Rock Star
  • Tom Pellitieri - Toledo, Ohio
Re: About me
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 01:45:46 pm »
Welcome aboard! 

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
Re: About me
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 02:27:46 pm »
Welcome to the party! Always a pleasure to be blamed for teaching stuff!  :D
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.