Author Topic: Prelude to Excel (SBClient vs AccuTerm)  (Read 5367 times)

DonQuixote

• Rock Star
  • To Dream the Impossible Dream...
Prelude to Excel (SBClient vs AccuTerm)
« on: June 13, 2013, 09:52:47 AM »
Many of our Users have SBClient and are able to have output sent from Prelude to Excel but those users with AccuTerm do not have that ability (as far as I know).
Is there some special methodology that I must use for AccuTerm to get that functionality or is that something AccuTerm lacks?[/size][/size]

DonQuixote

• Rock Star
  • To Dream the Impossible Dream...
Re: Prelude to Excel (SBClient vs AccuTerm)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:23:01 AM »
Is there any way to tell inside the Prelude system if you are running from SBClient or AccuTerm?

Tom Pellitieri

• Rock Star
  • Tom Pellitieri - Toledo, Ohio
Re: Prelude to Excel (SBClient vs AccuTerm)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:13:37 AM »
AccuTerm has a great collection of file transfer protocols.  You can transfer directly to Excel, or have a Report Writer report (or BASIC program) create a DIF report (in CSV format), then transfer that record as a text file.  Transfers work both ways.

There are a few glitches.  For example, if you have part numbers of the form "01234", the leading zeroes get dropped.  Part numbers of the form X-XXXX or XX-XXXX where the first group is a number between 1 and 12 convert to dates (e.g., 9-3425 converts to September 1, 3425, and by default displays as Sep-25).

There are a few "hacks" required to get Prelude to work with AccuTerm.  We ONLY use AccuTerm, however, so I don't know of a way to confirm which program is connecting to Prelude.  If you can isolate this based on users, there are flags you can set in /USER.ID.MNT to help, and you can check those in each process that needs it.

We had to rewrite several programs and processes (e.g., CALL.BROWSER.DOC, START.EXCEL) to get this to work.  We also added a few processes to call the AccuTerm transfer programs.  You need to DATA the answers to their prompts, then run the transfer program.

The main thing you need to do first is install the AccuTerm BASIC programs in a new Directory type file (e.g., FTBP).  Check the README.TXT file in your Program Files\Atwin\Pickbp folder to start.