Author Topic: SBClient to Excel  (Read 6988 times)

DonQuixote

  • Rock Star
  • *****
  • Posts: 205
  • To Dream the Impossible Dream...
SBClient to Excel
« on: April 26, 2013, 03:31:37 PM »
I just got upgraded from WINDOWS XP to WINDOWS 7.  I'm trying to transfer from Prelude to Excel.
Yes, I have a temp directory on the (C:) drive.
The transfer bar appears and advances at the bottom of the screen and fially it  aborts.
 Any suggestions    :'(

DonQuixote

  • Rock Star
  • *****
  • Posts: 205
  • To Dream the Impossible Dream...
Re: SBClient to Excel
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:55:52 AM »
Here is a better explanation of the problem.  Exporting from Prelude to Excel was not an issue with Windows XP.  I have multiple accounts (Live, Test, Development) and each worked well.  Now with Windows 7 the Export only works in Live, where Excel pops up with the requested output.  In the other accounts Windows 7 throws the output into the 'Compatibility files' and Excel pops up empty with an error saying the file is missing.  Is there a solution to this issue?

Chris Weitzel

  • Professional
  • ***
  • Posts: 30
Re: SBClient to Excel
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »
Don,

We've been on Win7 x64 for some time and we're not having any problems with Excel Export from Prelude.  Our setup includes:
1. Temp Directory C:\TEMP (which you already have)

2. /USER.ID.MNT > F10 User Options > Define PC Applications
Spreadsheet App = E
ADS Conversion = N
SS Path = C:\TEMP\

3. For some users we setup SBClient to use FTP Transfer instead of SBZ (SBClient > Setup > File Transfer > FTP)

I hope that helps.

Chris W.

DonQuixote

  • Rock Star
  • *****
  • Posts: 205
  • To Dream the Impossible Dream...
Re: SBClient to Excel
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 03:51:32 PM »
I tossed this issue over to Prelude and they Identified it.  Give credit where credit is due.  LOL.
There was an open project from 2006 (before my time here) in which the process START.EXCEL had been changed.
The project had been recently looked at and rolled to testing. 
Once I returned START.EXCEL to the version working in live everything works again.
Another mystery solved.