Author Topic: SB+ but Not SB Client  (Read 5287 times)

LasVegasSBUser

• Professional
SB+ but Not SB Client
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:48 PM »
Hello I am starting a new job. I have been using SB Client with GUI at my current job but the use AccuTerm2k with no GUI. Can I create a file using the /RD or a Basic Program and save it with a .csv extension and transfer it to a local workstation as I do currently? Probably not as easy without SB Client but I needed to ask.

Thanks

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
Re: SB+ but Not SB Client
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:12:05 PM »
You're right, it's not quite as easy but it is possible.  Accuterm has the FT command line utility for moving things from the server to and from the workstation.  Cool tools in SB+ like /PD.LI and /PD.LO, however, are of no value without SBClient.
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.

Tom Pellitieri

• Rock Star
  • Tom Pellitieri - Toledo, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:29:35 AM »
I don't use SB Client at all - but have used AccuTerm for over 10 years.  We have automated several tasks, including direct links to web forms and exports to CSV and Excel.  Feel free to contact me off list for assistance.

--Tom Pellitieri  tpellitieri at centuryequip dot com

LasVegasSBUser

• Professional
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:52:01 AM »
Thanks guys I appreciate the feed back. 

LasVegasSBUser

• Professional
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 03:10:35 PM »
Ok I found a blog http://u2-universe-unidata.1073795.n5.nabble.com/AccuTerm-File-Transfer-td27936.html
that had some great links in some of the post on Accuterm concepts with regards to File Transfers, and it look like Kevin had a few post to. I was a little nervous at first because since 2001 I have created and maintained Screen, Menus, BP, Files. ect using SB Client and UniVerse/Unidata, but since they use AccuTerm2k I wanted to review some topics that I was unfamiliar with and did not know were to start. I remembered this forum. Thanks again Tom and Kevin, its tough enough moving to a new but obtaining reference material will allow me to see actual syntax to ease my mind a little.