Author Topic: New Red Leaf Video!  (Read 4019 times)

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
New Red Leaf Video!
« on: January 23, 2011, 11:06:05 AM »
I know it’s been a while since my last Red Leaf update, but that doesn’t mean it’s been quiet around here!  We’ve been feverishly writing documentation and adding cool new features to Red Leaf.  In fact, that’s why I’m writing today.  I’ve created a video highlighting some new abilities with product lists.  Check it out!

http://www.screencast.com/users/precisonline/folders/Jing/media/52d6f1c7-bfe8-4786-8bdf-7ac977c7acfa

One thing I forgot to mention in the video is that these enhancements (sorting, filtering, paging, etc.) apply to both product searches and product listings (like Specials or Hot Products).  We haven’t included all these features in the multi-search yet, but that’s only a matter of time.

Progress on version 3 continues at a very good pace.  Based on user feedback, features like product management with Excel, product sorting and filtering, and budgeting are most important to our customers for the next release.  Surprising to me, there’s been very little requests from users for the mobile product.  So while work continues on the mobile platform, I believe it’s in the best interests of our customers to roll out version 3 – potentially earlier than originally expected – without the mobile interface and then roll out the mobile enhancements separately.

Here’s a quick overview of what’s coming in version 3:

* Products and Product Pages can now be exported into Excel for editing and imported back into Red Leaf.
* Option codes and option filtering are now supported on the web interface.
* Product listings can be sorted by product number, description, or price (ascending or descending) on the web interface.
* Product listings can be viewed either as a list or in a grid.
* Product listings can either show all products in the list in a single page or multiple pages with several page sizes available.
* Menus can now reference product lists directly without the need for a Red Leaf program definition.
* Several F3 lookups on the Prelude server code have been improved.
* Budgeting.
* Documentation!

Thank you for your continued interest in Red Leaf and by all means, if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you!
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.