Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 3816 times)

DonQuixote

• Rock Star
  • To Dream the Impossible Dream...
Merry Christmas
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:01:53 pm »
Merry Christmas.  In this era of ‘political correctness’ some people think its wrong to share my faith and joy by saying “Merry Christmas”.  This infringement on my “Freedom of Speech” and “Freedom of Religion” is appalling to me. 
Personally, I would not be insulted, put down, or in anyway belittled if I was greeted with “Happy Hanukkah” “Blessings during Ramadan” “Happy Cuanza” “Joyous Winter Solstice ” “Good Yule”  or any other message of hope and happiness celebrating one’s faith in God. I would be honored to receive such greetings. “Happy Holidays” is a pathetic water-down method of attempting to cover it all and in the end demoralizes them all.  If you’re a retailer then check your calendar and adjust your slogans by the date; its not that hard.  Yes, they do fall on different days.
For me, Christ is the center of Christmas.  The blessings we celebrate brings joy to my heart and I want to share it with you all by simply wishing you a “Merry Christmas”.

Thomas

• Professional
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:28:16 pm »
Merry Christmas.  In this era of ‘political correctness’ some people think its wrong to share my faith and joy by saying “Merry Christmas”.  This infringement on my “Freedom of Speech” and “Freedom of Religion” is appalling to me. 
Personally, I would not be insulted, put down, or in anyway belittled if I was greeted with “Happy Hanukkah” “Blessings during Ramadan” “Happy Cuanza” “Joyous Winter Solstice ” “Good Yule”  or any other message of hope and happiness celebrating one’s faith in God. I would be honored to receive such greetings. “Happy Holidays” is a pathetic water-down method of attempting to cover it all and in the end demoralizes them all.  If you’re a retailer then check your calendar and adjust your slogans by the date; its not that hard.  Yes, they do fall on different days.
For me, Christ is the center of Christmas.  The blessings we celebrate brings joy to my heart and I want to share it with you all by simply wishing you a “Merry Christmas”.

Very wll said donquiote.  I say Amen to that.
* Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem - Ronald Wilson Reagan
* Democrats are the party of food stamps and Republicans are the party of paychecks. - Newt Gingrich