Author Topic: Political Pollution  (Read 9461 times)

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
Political Pollution
« on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:34 pm »
I am so tired of year-round political advertising.  Here in Colorado the ads on TV and radio are especially vicious this year.  I realize that voting is an American right, but at this point when the candidates are this blatantly filled with hatred for each other and contempt for those of us they are supposed to represent, the only practical choice is to vote NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Or Snoopy.  I may have to write in Snoopy.
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.

DonQuixote

• Rock Star
  • To Dream the Impossible Dream...
Re: Political Pollution
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:11:36 am »
I agree!  And if "None of the Above" wins, neither of the candidates should win and the office should remain empty until the next election.
I voted for Mickey Mouse.  And the news reports that Mickey Mouse gets votes in every election.

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:18:37 am »
Well if Mickey already has the support, I'll be happy to throw another vote his way.  Hate to split the vote between a couple of cartoon characters... :-)
-Kevin

Tom Pellitieri

• Rock Star
  • Tom Pellitieri - Toledo, Ohio
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 07:59:02 am »
Well, Mickey Mouse never ran a formal campaign.  Snoopy did - in 1968.  There were promotional "Snoopy for President" stickers included in loaves of bread.  After the election, a cartoon appeared with Snoopy carrying his "Vote for Snoopy" sign and thinking "Well, there's always '72"

Yeah.. I know... showing my age....

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 11:45:59 am »
Here in Colorado, Ken Buck and Michael Bennett - vying for a US Senate seat - really do need their mommies to wash their mouths out with soap.  If this is what it takes to become a US Senator, all of America should be ashamed.

I will not vote until our candidates for office once again show something worth voting for.  However, when the coup starts, count me in.
-Kevin

GBoiceJr

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 03:31:22 pm »
I agree!   Here in PA, we have governor's race and a Senate race!   I'm tired of it already.

I think I'll vote for the silliest candidate from the Silly Party!  (A Monty Python skit.)
"You want peace, then destroy the enemy!"  -- ABC Radio Talkshow Host, Mark Levin

Tom Pellitieri

• Rock Star
  • Tom Pellitieri - Toledo, Ohio
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 07:00:41 am »
Ditto for Ohio - nasty races for Senate, Governor, Attorney General & Treasurer... plus our local House race has received national attention due to photos of one candidate's participation in a WWII re-enactment organization.

Personally, I think all candidates and PACs should be required to provide a full list of individuals and corporations who donate more than $25 to their campaigns.

Thomas

• Professional
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 09:05:30 am »
Personally, I think all candidates and PACs should be required to provide a full list of individuals and corporations who donate more than $25 to their campaigns.
I agree a hundred percent.  Sunshine has always been the best disinfectant.  Then every body would know that the evil Chamber of Commerce gave more money to liberal than conservative parties.
* Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem - Ronald Wilson Reagan
* Democrats are the party of food stamps and Republicans are the party of paychecks. - Newt Gingrich