Author Topic: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta the way!  (Read 3689 times)

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
Lead, follow, or get the hell outta the way!
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:46:51 am »
The news reports about unemployment are not nearly as staggering as our friends and neighbors that have been personally affected by the immense lack of jobs in America.  Each day this week (except for today, and it's only 9:30 in the morning) I've learned of someone within a couple of degrees who has recently lost their job due to - purportedly - the economy.  Yes, the economy is bad, but I see that more of a symptom rather than the disease.

Given the choice to lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way, Congress seems to be bent more towards getting "in" the way.  Sure, let's just throw trillions of dollars to the wind, and then enact all sorts of new legislation to "control" the industries that "caused" this mess.  Have they considered for a moment that it was their negligence that allowed the housing bubble to exist in the first place?  Furthermore, it was their negligence that gave billions of dollars to the financial industry that paid for things like corporate bonuses for fat cat fiscal rapists while real world Americans lost everything.

Now with the new credit card rules, they've found a creative way to make things worse.  Sure, there's a need for more controls in the credit card industry just like there's a need for healthcare.  Seriously, there IS a need.  But the way that Congress goes about "fixing" things is tantamount to plugging a finger-hole in the dike while ignoring the massive crack from top to bottom.

This country does not need more legislation that does nothing more than provide some politician a chip while putting a meaningless "control" on an industry that will only make things more difficult for real world Americans - i.e. those of us that have to live on a BUDGET.  And the sad fact is that while this continues, the economy is only going to get worse, the unemployment rate will continue to rise, and a bunch of idiots in Washington will waste more money and time blaming whatever party is opposite from their own for the devastation.

C'mon Congress.  Either become the leaders you were elected to be, get behind us real world Americans, or get the hell outta the way and let us show you how to affect positive change.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:49:43 pm by precisonline »
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.

Alex Copeland

• Professional
  • Artist's rendering
Re: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta the way!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 02:46:09 pm »
I second your thoughts.

I think that some of these phenomena can be attributed to the establishment of a bureaucracy - once that bureaucracy is in place, it serves only to perpetuate itself -- not to address the problems for which it was created.