Author Topic: The Insane Are Running The Asylum  (Read 9782 times)

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
The Insane Are Running The Asylum
« on: November 21, 2009, 09:48:38 am »
This is from Senator Mark Udall's website @ http://markudall.senate.gov/?p=blog&id=338

I am heartened to know that the Senate will begin its historic debate on a fiscally responsible health reform bill estimated to drive down the federal deficit by $127 billion over the next ten years while providing health coverage to more than 94% of Americans, which is a major accomplishment.

You can call an elephant a duck all you want, but it's still going to be an elephant.  What's really insane about this is the premise that a 10 TRILLION dollar plan to create countless new federal programs, jobs, paperwork, and red tape, FURTHERMORE funded by debt carried by non-American interests, AND deeply laden with special interest congressional pork, is somehow going to SAVE our country $127 billion.  I think a few someones in Washington have forgotten their basic grade school addition and subtraction.

We probably should not be surprised.  Mr. President said that the economic stimulus created thousands of new jobs and then had to backpeddle when he realized that his "experts" had LIED and the impact of the "stimulus" was significantly less than they had "projected".  So fiscal lies and criminal insanity are really nothing new coming out of Washington, both parties, and all seats.

When the final dust settles on this health care scam and We the People are nothing more than wards of the state, I hope someone wakes up and realizes that the true enemy of America is not terrorists, it is the men and women of Congress who with one breath have sworn to protect the American ideal, and in the next breath have selfishly taken a sword to its very heart.
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.

Alex Copeland

• Professional
  • Artist's rendering
Re: The Insane Are Running The Asylum
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 03:19:36 pm »
You know, I've sometimes wondered about the oath I took when I was commissioned as an Army officer, particularly about the "...support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." (emphasis mine).  Is Congress included in that "and domestic" part?

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
Re: The Insane Are Running The Asylum
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 03:24:47 pm »
And that... that is the right question.
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.