Author Topic: Dear Presidential Candidates  (Read 6907 times)

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
Dear Presidential Candidates
« on: October 10, 2008, 10:06:07 AM »
At some moment while you are bantering and bickering and otherwise losing total perspective on the sorry state of our country caused by you and your associates in Washington, I encourage you to take a moment to read the preamble of the U.S. Constitution with hopes that you will gain some perspective on the role you seek. 

For all of the money that you are spending in this election - and let us make no mistake here, it is not YOUR money being spent, it is money GIVEN to you by people who want to further their own agendas - should you be elected you will never recover that money in this position.  Without exception this proves your failure to understand basic economics, which not only makes you a poor choice for leading this economically troubled nation, it shows you have completely lost perspective on the role you seek.

The preamble of the Constitution of the United States is a powerful paragraph, establishing the context of the most important foundational document of our country's history.  Let's take a look:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Upon closer evaluation, we can see that the United States Government, led in part by elected officials such as yourselves, has attacked every foundational element of this text and have therefore undermined the very Constitution (both written and structural) of our fine country.  Let's look:

"We the People of the United States,..."

We are no longer "we the people", at least not in terms of our national leadership.  Nor are we "United", except in our collective understanding of the devastation caused by this latest government boondoggle called "the bailout".  This plan should have never been approved, or at least should never have been approved without KNOWING HOW THE MONEY WOULD BE SPENT!  Again, failure to understand basic economics has established a graveyard spin in the national - and now the world - economics, and the recovery will be long, painful, and disastrous for "we the people".  Will you feel the same pain with your millions in donor money and special interest war chests?

"...in Order to form a more perfect Union,..."

See, the goal of our founding fathers was simple.  England at the time sucked.  Government controlled everything.  Our founding fathers found a better way- allow "we the people" a little bit of breathing room, and let us form a more perfect Union by working together instead of having a totalitarian government telling us what to do, what to think, and what to believe.  Give us a chance, we're smart people, and we can achieve anything we put our minds to if we're unfettered by government.

"...establish Justice,..."

When more money is spent on providing for special interests more than the equipping our police, courts, and schools, something is horribly upside down.  When more cases are tried in the media before they have a chance to be tried in the courts, something is horribly upside down.  And when money trumps "right" and "right" trumps "rights", the concept of Justice carries about as much worth as an American dollar.

"...insure domestic Tranquility,..."

Tell me sirs, do we have Tranquility?  We have war, we have famine, we have a government that has lost its collective soul.  How in the world is this insuring our tranquility?  Want to take a real bite out of crime?  A good start might be to work to restore TRANQUILITY!!  While this is a gross generalization and exceptions certainly do exist, consider this: When's the last time you heard a criminal say "I did it because I was too tranquil."???

"...provide for the common defense,..."

Though our government supports spending billions of unaccounted money to keep a war going - a war against a country that never attacked us, by the way - our police, fire, and other national support services have been left to languish.  This is not providing for the common defense, so it must be providing for some special interest somewhere.  C'mon guys, we're not stupid.  Who is really gaining from this war while "we the people" continue losing the war at home?

"...promote the general Welfare,..."

Despite the capitalization, the prefaced "general" gives the word "Welfare" a much deeper meaning than simply a government "program".  Are you - as elected officials - truly working to provide for the overall well being of the citizens of our country?  What about a stronger dedication to education?  Special interests continue to have full control over the national budget, while schools - the very fabric of our future - are left with so little that essential supplies needed to educate our children are not available without external financial support.

How embarrassing is it that America - purportedly the "richest country in the world" - requires proceeds from bake sales and raffles to buy school supplies?  Yet despite your efforts to undermine them at every turn the finest parents and educators alive remain dedicated to our future.  Gentlemen, the day these people get tired of you screwing them every day is the day that you will no longer have a country to lead.

"...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity,..."

Liberty, in it's original definition, should connote the establishment of freedom.  Yet, as the American government has grown under your leadership "we the people" are now so mortgaged (both economically and legally) that liberty appears to have become an outmoded concept.  But gentlemen, it is THE essential concept of our nation, and frames everything that follows in this fine Constitution.

See, the founders of our country had learned something very important about government: It is to be "OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people" and as such our government's JOB is to get the hell out of the way while "we the people" do great things to make ourselves and our collective citizenry STRONGER.  All avenues to do great things are now controlled by your government that is fully ensconced in the principle of taxation without representation, and is not only in the way of all progress, is actively doing everything possible to destroy our collective soul.  And the bigger the government gets, the weaker we become overall.

But we are Americans.  We dump tea in the harbor.  We protect what is right.  And we win, Lord we win - even if it you that we must fight against.  And therefore gentlemen, I encourage you with all that is holy, let us be reminded of the tenets that founded this great country and do our absolute best to return to them.  For without them, we have no Constitution, and therefore we have no country, and our only hope will rest in our ability to successfully survive our tragic history of revolution.

"... do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:34:39 PM by precisonline »
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.

nmorgan

• Professional
  • Norman Morgan
    • Brake Supply Co.
Re: Dear Presidential Candidates
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »
It has been many years since we have had a presidential election where I felt like I was voting FOR a candidate rather than AGAINST his opponent.  This year it comes down to deciding which guy frightens me the least.
My wife says her life is like a fairy tale.
She married a prince and he turned into a toad.

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 02:55:08 PM »
I just find it so hard, especially in this tumultuous economy, to choose between two people who are spending millions of "free" money (to them) to get a job that will never recoup or repay the expense.  To me, that makes both candidates ill-suited for the job.

I'm voting for Joe-the-Plumber. :)
-Kevin

Tom Pellitieri

• Rock Star
  • Tom Pellitieri - Toledo, Ohio
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 08:34:07 AM »
Let's not start on our local celeb - who's had more than his 15 minutes of fame at this point...

I agree with Norman -- does anyone really vote "for" someone, rather than against??

I almost bought a shirt at GenCon this summer that read:  "Why settle for the Lesser Evil?  Cthulu for President!"

--Tom

PS - I notice that everyone commenting on this thread so far lives in a Battleground State.

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 09:12:23 AM »
Of course my "Joe-the-plumber" was tongue in cheek, but at this point I find it disturbing that if the two "leading" candidates are the best that millions of dollars can buy, it really doesn't matter who gets the big chair: "We the people" are screwed either way.

If a party wants my vote, the first thing they need to do is stop trying to buy it.  Then they should take that money and use it for good instead of the evil campaign slime and mud that's being thrown around.  Come election day it'll be all smiles and "we support the next president" and all that B.S. and the only thing that will have changed is that the media - the channel by which all this mud has been delivered into our lives - is millions of dollars richer and we Joe's are left to somehow pay the candidates tab in an economy that they personally destroyed.

Anyone who actually aspires to the big chair proves their insanity.  Anyone who aspires to the big chair because their "party" needs "control" proves they're an ineffective puppet of a larger, and potentially more nefarious, machine.  "Third Reich" anyone?

We need a leader who leads because people line up behind them, not because they aspire for personal greatness, power, or control.  The farther this nation moves away from "of the people, by the people, and for the people" the greater the risk of total collapse.  But of course the collapse won't affect these idiots running for the big chair, they'll be sure to be protected while the rest of us are left with no choice but to dump tea into a harbor somewhere.
-Kevin