Author Topic: My name is Al and I'm a MV Newbie  (Read 6022 times)

adewitt

• Professional
My name is Al and I'm a MV Newbie
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:22:02 pm »
Sort of.  Ive been programming in Prime Information, Universe and now Unidata.  I don't dare call myself a developer as I've never written a large, complex system from the ground up.  I guess I just support and enhance existing systems.

My first exposure to MV, although I didn't know it at the time, was in Southern California through an owner of a small software company.  His name was Mike and his company did work in Pick.  He went to my church.

A few years later I was a consultant and was introduced to an application  called COPS that ran on a Prime box and used a tool called Blacksmith.  I also did someplaying around with a PC product called Revelation before going to Papua New Guinea for a short consulting/missionary trip.

It wasn't until I moved to Minnesota and was hired by a Manfact installation that I really got into it.  I can assure you that I wasn't hired because of my extensive MV experience, it was a case of (really) small world.  I worked there for over 7 years, was laid off for almost 2 and got hired by an Avanté shop where I reside today.

I'm now trying to figure out where I should go next in terms of knowledge acquisition.  There is so much out there to learn and so little time.

In my spare time I love to fish.

precisonline

• President
  • Administrator
  • Rock Star
    • Precision Solutions
Re: My name is Al and I'm a MV Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:25:03 pm »
Welcome Al!  Thanks for joining us.
-Kevin
Accidents "happen"; success, however, is planned and executed.